Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to paste clipboard image into WYSIWYG field on post form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gerard 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm trying to paste clipboard image into WYSIWYG field on post form. It worked before, but now has stopped..

I've tested pasting into a post (blocks) and there it worked as expected.

I cannot find any documentation or other tickets about this so far..

Help!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Is this image from a third party source such as Google images ? If so I wouldn't recommend adding images to your site like this. I would recommend actually uploading the images to the site and inserting it directly to the form.

The reason is because if the original source changes the link for the image then the image on your site will become broken.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

Our client here wants to take screenshots and paste them into that WYSIWYG field.. She doesn't want to go through the upload process..

Is that not possible, to "paste" an image into that field?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gerard,

I'm not sure how you were able to copy and paste an image into the field but this shouldn't be possible because copying and pasting an image from your computer won't work.

However copying it from somewhere on the internet will e.g google images.

So it's not possible to copy the image from your computer and paste it into the field.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, Thank you so much for clarifying .

Indeed, I had copied an image from Facebook I think, but as it turned out, it WAS really just the link to the image out there on their CDN.

Thanks again, I will implement a better option for the client, and they'll have to live without pasting 😉

Have a great weekend

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.