Skip Navigation

[Resolved] trying to get post titles for the ancor text on pagination controls instead of #

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author

I am trying to: use the post title for each post in a loop to get the post title for pagination controls on a slider instead of a page number

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: would like to see the posts in the view title

Instead, I got: duplicate titles

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean with “duplicate titles”. On the page you linked I see a slider with titles which I suppose should be your pagination, and clicking on arrows you get the different post under it.
What should appear instead in your idea? Having an image or a screenshot could give me be a good idea and will help to understand your issue.

Could you please share detailed information about your issue, once I understood what exactly you are looking for, I will be able to guide you in the right direction.

i had been trying to get it to work. those links were manually coded and did not work correctly for the pagination and ajax and were not dynamic. I have put it back to the original. I need the title of the post to show on the nav for each page.

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi,

I see you changed your template again. Do you still need our help or did you change your mind?

If you still need help, could you please set up a test page with the View you are trying to get to work so we can try to find a solution? Which is the exact View you want to use?

Once you set up a test page share the link with us so we can look at it and that will help us to guide you in the right direction.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.