Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to get a filter / search working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display all values for parametric search filter or always show all filter values.

Solution:
To see all filter values,please follow following steps:
1) Edit your view
2) Navigate to section "Parametric Search Settings"
3) Select option " Let me choose individual settings manually"
4) Under the section "Which options to display in the form inputs" select "Always show all values for inputs"

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BarryS9673 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
filter-manual.PNG
filter-default.PNG

Hi,

I am still trying to get to grips with sorting out a site search / filter facility and I really would appreciate some help and not just docs because up to now your documents have been unable to help me figure this out.

For example I have setup 5 listings within a Type that I created.
I have also setup 3 Custom Fields that are primarily for the filter

They are
Duration
1 Day
2 Days
3 Days
4 Days
5+ Days

Month
January
February
March
April
etc
etc

Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Europe

The 5 litsings i have created cover this criteria above, howveer if i select England in one drop down, the other 4 locations vanish and I need a complete page refresh to see them again.

I have set the Locations up manually to see if that helps and it does not. See screenshots for manual setup of the select fields and the auto one.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To see all filter value could you please follow following steps:
1) Edit your view
2) Navigate to section "Parametric Search Settings"
3) Select option " Let me choose individual settings manually"
4) Under the section "Which options to display in the form inputs" select " Always show all values for inputs"

Could you please follow above steps and try to resolve your issue.

Yes, thank you that does help, the next question is how can I get that filter to appear in the sidebar of every page but have the results show on the search page. I tried to add them as a widget but the results were showing in the sidebar.

It needs to be like this one
hidden link

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Glad to see that your original issue is resolved and you are able to fix the issue.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.