Skip Navigation

[Closed] Trouble with Google Maps

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Add a Google Maps to one of my pages displaying the address I have

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The Google Maps with the zoomed into the business url

Instead, I got: A google map not showing the business on the map

I use this in a Layout...

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-4' map_height='500px'][wpv-map-marker map_id='map-4' marker_id='marker-6' address='I have the address here'][/wpv-map-marker]

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Google recently made a change which obliges all users of its maps api to use an api key, can you please verify that you have a current, valid key in your Toolset maps settings?

See here for details: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/#api-key

Hi Nigel, yes I have a valid Google API Key... the map is showing it is just the marker and address which is not showing.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Gerald

I just ran a test that adds the map shortcodes to a static page as per your example with the address embedded as an attribute in the marker shortcode.

I tried without Layouts, then with Layouts, and in each case it worked as expected.

Can you please check your theme.

You could try the Toolset Starter theme or the twentysixteen default theme which needs the theme integration add-on plugin to work with layouts. You can get these from your downloads page (https://toolset.com/account/downloads/).

Could you re-test your page that displays the map and verify whether it works?

The topic ‘[Closed] Trouble with Google Maps’ is closed to new replies.