Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Translating in Forms

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dido 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
vertaal.png
translate.JPG

Hi,

How dan I translate particular words in Forms? See my images.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 1.54.18 PM.png

Hi Dido,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This can only be done with our WPML plugin along with the string translations module.

First you will need to go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scan your theme and plugins for the strings, particularly our Toolset Views/ Blocks plugin.

Then go to WPML -> String Translations and then search for "Multiple images for this field" This should find the exact string match and from there you should be able to translate it. I've successfully done this. See Screenshot.

Notice the ES: prefix which was done to illustrate the translation.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, so I have to install and activate WPML + Stringtranslation, only for this case? I already use Loco translation, but I could not find the text. I'm very famliar with WPML, so I know how to do this. Can I remove these plugins after translating? (never used WPML like this)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

I'm very famliar with WPML, so I know how to do this. Can I remove these plugins after translating? (never used WPML like this)

No you can't once you've translated the text with string translations the plugin must remain active. I'm not familiar how the Loco Translation plugin works but the text domain for this particular string is "wpv-views".

You may be able to translate it if you know the text domain.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I will try Loco plugin too. I was wondering wich plugin contains these strings. is it Blocks?
When this works in Loco, I prefer that solution for these 2 reasons:

1 I already use that plugin
2 WPML only for a few strings sounds strange to me. Besides, I don't need a multilingual website.

So my only question is: Which plugin should I choose to translate?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

I was wondering wich plugin contains these strings. is it Blocks?

Based on the text domain that was picked up by our String Translations plugin it would point to Blocks holding this text, since the text domain shows up as wp-views.

Which plugin should I choose to translate?

While i'm not familiar with Loco, i'm much more familiar with WPML and it provides the convenience of being able to scan for strings that are not translated.

I would recommend using WPML for your translations.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.