Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Transfer renewals to clients

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paul Marconi 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

We have the "Lifetime subscription" Plan (we don't need to pay for the renewals, this was one time purchase with lifetime updates forever) for the Toolset plugin, and our client's website has this plugin installed.

Their site is currently registered in our 'Lifetime' Plan and using our site key.

The client would now like to manage the website themselves, would they need to setup their own Toolset account and purchase their own subscription to avoid the 'dependence' on our license/site key?

I know with WPML, it's possible to transfer renewals to their clients (https://wpml.org/purchase/transferring-account-renewals-to-your-clients/), do Toolset have this?

Are we able to transfer renewals to clients?

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I've inquired about this for you but have yet to get a response. However based on the interface on your profile page it would appear that this isn't possible for Toolset clients.

On WPML there is a button that can initiate the transfer as you say but with Toolset this isn't possible to do.

At present I would recommend that your client purchase their own Toolset subscription in order to ensure that they're getting the latest updates when they become available.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.