Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Topic not closed

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi Nigel.

Seems like my answer yesterday has been lost. No problem, just going to submit it again 😀

I finally solved the problem with "featured" products, and my site is starting to look like i wanted it to.

Perhaps you can help me witht he last part, of integrating "woothumbs".
I'm uploading this to WeTransfer, where you can download it from.

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Mathias

Thanks for the copy of the plugin, I tested it and see that it doesn't work on custom product pages.

I have asked for this to be considered as a feature request and am escalating this thread.

I'll update you when I know whether the request is accepted.

Hi Nigel.

Any news on this, since its starting to be crucial for woocommerce shop. We are seing negative behavior and want to modify/improve the product page for better UX/UI

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mathias

Looking at the internal tickets it seems we had already added compatibility with WooThumbs previously, but a recent update of WooThumbs broke this.

The problem has been identified and a fix prepared which is going through our normal QA testing, and so we should have the update ready to be published fairly soon.

When I see it is published I will post here, but you may notice an update notice for WooCommerce Views yourself.

Hi Nigel.

What is the prospect of this new update? 🙂 Since we are awaiting to go live with the new product-template.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Matthias

The plugin update has been marked for release, so it should be published sometime today, please keep an eye out for the update notice in your list of plugins.

Hi Nigel.

Perfect, it seems to work ... almost!

hidden link

Please have a look at this product, where you can see the "video" is not showing, unless you "inspect the element". What can i do, to solve this error. Doesn't seem to be any errors in console, regarding to this?

Also i want to ask you about the sale-flash.php file. It seems like my shop is getting corrupted when overwriting the file in my child theme "child theme > woocommerce > loop" and "child theme > woocommerce > single-product"

Do i need to include it elsewhere?

Last thing is. Try on the link or any other product, to "add to basket", and then you will see the cart updating. Then go to the "main shop". You will not get a notification in orange saying "item added to basket". How come it works like that?

Have a pleasent day!

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mathias

1. I'm not sure how you have added the video so can you describe that or let me have access to your site to see for myself. (I'll mark your next reply as private in case you need to give me site credentials.)

2. The sale-flash.php is part of the WooCommerce plugin, I'm not sure why you are talking about overwriting a plugin file in a child theme, can you please elaborate.

3. I did some testing and it appears that when you make a custom product page, the message "Product has been added to your cart" which would normally appear on the product page itself is being added to the shop page instead. I'm raising this issue with my colleagues.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mathias

I was just double-checking 3 before reporting it and I noticed in the Fields and Views button there is a shorcode [wpv-add-to-cart-message]. You need to include that where you would like the message to appear.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mathias

I made a duplicate of your site so I could do some testing locally.

Regarding the video problem it doesn't appear to be related to Toolset.

I disabled the Toolset plugins, which meant the product would be rendered by WooCommerce directly or by your theme.

Your child theme doesn't seem able to render WooCommerce single products, so I switched to the parent theme Salient, and viewed your test product with the video. I got the same result, which is that the video does not display until you open the browser dev tools. It works fine if you switch to twentyseventeen, so I think you'll need to contact the theme author for advice.

Regarding sale-flash.php, I note that you have extensively customised the WC file, such customisations are not really something I can comment on. You are correct in that you can duplicate the sale-flash.php inside a woocommerce directory of your child theme and these will be used in place of the plugin files, and you do not need to copy them anywhere else, but the files do need to be valid.

I have passed on your observation that the message is being added to the shop page unnecessarily and asked for it to be removed.

Hi Nigel.

Any update on this?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mathias

Sorry, I posted an update here but it seems to be missing.

I checked again, and you should find that the "product added to cart" message will only appear when you next navigate to your shop page if you haven't already displayed it on the product page using the [wpv-add-to-cart-message] shortcode.

If you add that to your custom product page then the message will appear on the product page itself when you add something to the cart, and should no longer appear on the shop page.

If you have done that and are still seeing the message then please let me know so I can investigate further.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.