Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset_association_created: when "adding new" instead of "connect existing"

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robS-4 5 years ago.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 11.51.42 AM.png

I'm hooking into "toolset_association_created", but it seems to be triggered at a time before the post is ready to use update_post_meta on.

For eg, if I have an association between Woo Products and my custom post type Event, and when editing an Event, I click "Add new Product", then in the "toolset_association_created" handler, I can't use update_post_meta on the newly created Woo Product.

Is there a way around this? Or is there a filter so I can hide the "Add new Product" button in the admin meta box and only leave the "Connect existing Product" button?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Were you able to find a way to hide the "ADD NEW" button? You asked the question, then said it was resolved. But it would help me to know how to hide the "ADD NEW" option. My client often gets confused and selects the wrong option here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.