Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset WYSIWYG custom field renders entire page in Elementor Pro Template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The problem here is when you use a WYSIWYG custom field as a dynamic source for Elementor, the field renders the entire page rather than the desired content.

Solution:

This can be worked around by using our Types shortcode for the WYSIWYG field with the suppress_filters enabled.

Try using the text editor widget for elementor but rather than loading the WYSIWYG content using the dynamic content option try using the types shortcode with the supress_filters parameter.

Here is an example

[types field='my-field' suppress_filters='true'][/types]

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by garikH 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 12.07.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 12.06.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 12.06.23 PM.png

I am trying to:
Input the dynamic Toolset WYSIWYG custom field into an Elementor Pro Template I designed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It sounds the same as this issue that was reported before: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-toolset-wysiwyg-custom-field-in-elementor-renders-entire-page/

I expected to see:
In the screenshots you can see on the right where I've added the Toolset field in my Elementor template. I expected to see more or less what's in the left screenshot (the page preview).

Instead, I got:
In the middle photo I've applied this template to a custom post and you see it pulled in the whole paged instead of just the field (or at least it appears to).

The page preview (left screenshot) looks fine but this still concerns me-is there a fix for this? I didn't see the actual solution on the previous posted threads.

Note: this page isn't live yet, it's saved as a draft currently.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I just tried a similar set up on my local test site, and I can't reproduce the problem: the Types wysiwyg field outputs normally as the dynamic source of an Elementor text module in an Elementor Pro template.

I think we'll need access to your site to be able to check the set up, and possibly take a copy for testing, if that's okay

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you also confirm the Elementor template we should be editing, and the WYSIWYG field.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gerik,

Thank you for the login details. I was able to log in and replicate the issue that you're having. However given that this dynamic field content option is maintained by the Elementor team , it would be best to have them take a look at it.

What should be happening here is that they should be pulling the data directly from the database but that isn't the case where when I added a new dynamic text editor to the page with the WYSIWYG field to provide the data.

They should be able to do a proper diagnoses on this one for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gerik,

There might be a workaround for this issue here.

Try using the text editor widget for elementor but rather than loading the WYSIWYG content using the dynamic content option try using the types shortcode with the supress_filters parameter.

Here is an example

Please let me know the results
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gerik,

There might be a workaround for this issue here.

Here is an example

Please let me know the results
Thanks,
Shane

Shane, your work around works great!

I had also reached out to Elementor support as suggested but they were zero help. Luckily that doesn't matter anymore since this solution works nicely.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.