Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Toolset WooCommerce Views is breaking DIVI woocommerce image viewer

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
2019-11-15_20-50-40.jpg
2019-11-15_20-47-32.jpg
2019-11-15_20-43-13.jpg
2019-11-15_20-39-47.jpg

Hi,
I have gone crazy looking for the culprit of this problem, I lost a lot of time.
Toolset WooCommerce Views is breaking the appearance of the product woocommerce magnifying glass and the DIVI image viewer.
Look at the page (hidden link) the magnifying glass of the woocommerce products is displayed badly when the Toolset WooCommerce View is enabled, also when you click on it, part of the image viewer is hidden by the page header and footer.
If the Toolset WooCommerce View is disabled, the magnifying glass is displayed correctly and when you click on it, the image viewer takes the full width of the browser and you can see the control icons on the image viewer.
Look at the screenshots.
It is a very serious problem that requires an early solution.
Thank you very much for the help.
Regards,

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-16 um 17.39.40.png

I can see the issue on your site.

Please acknowledge that (similar as in several previous tickets) Divi is not working well with Toolset when you use certain mix of settings like the new builder experience for example (which is active on your site).

Additionally, the latest Divi 4.0 had broken several things in every WordPress plugin that loops over the posts.
This is fixed, but still there are issues where for example HTML conditions will not work with the latest Divi Versions.

I see you do not use Toolset to style that page at all.
Instead, you have built a template with Divi - which is the opposite as our integration with Divi actively suggests.
Please see here the DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/ (also related in the sidebar)

I can see that in the Divi Template you have built for this page you don't seem to use any Toolset elements either.
I see you use no Content Templates for Products.

That said, you could disable Toolset WooCommerce Views because you would not need it - that plugin is built so you can style the Archive (Shop and Product Categories) as well as Products with Toolset.
But since you design those with Divi, you will not require Toolset WooCommerce Views.
Unless of course, at some point you use Toolset to design Products, or Archives, but I cannot see this - the page and content is a pure Divi output.

I can also see you use "WooCommerce Plugin Default Templates" and "WooCommerce Plugin Default Archive Templates" for those, so the Plugin WooCommerce Views is not used for this purpose.
I can also see that "Calculated Product fields were last updated: never", which means most likely you also do not use the WooCommerce Views plugin for its only other feature, which is calculate product fields and search by them

That said, you should safely be able to disable it without loosing functionality of Toolset.

Divi introduced new WooCommerce modules that (eventually conflicting) would not be used together with Toolset - given it is like having 2 Layout editors or in other words, using 2 softwares that do the same.

Concluding, I can confirm that WooCommerce Views seems to cause the conflict you mention, but as said, it is strange that you do not use it, but have it installed, and that just having it active creates this conflict (which seems to be a CSS conflict).

Even if used, it should then be styling the archive and shop with Toolset, and in there, use the Divi Builder
But that is not the case, hence it is unlikely that it alters the CSS (however I can confirm that disabling it, solves the issue)

To make sure it is not a BUG in Toolset, I'd like to replicate it and need either steps or a copy of the site, so I can have a look why just enabling our Plugin makes Divi Break.

Can you provide me that?
You can use this instruction here https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks!

PS:
This will be looked at with the usual priority of issues reported by Toolset users, but depending on the issues found it may take longer to fix this (for example it might need cooperation of Divi or other unforeseen actions)

Hi Beda,

I do not use duplicator, but I have enabled the duplicator plugin on my site and I have made a backup, you can download it from the dashboard.
At the moment I am going to disable the WooCommerce Views Toolset plugin and I will verify that it does not affect me to have it disabled in other places of my site, although I cannot assure that it is not necessary in the future.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

I've downloaded the package and will deploy it ASAP and check what the issue is.

I have for this purpose escalated this ticket so I can update you when I have more findings.

Thanks!

Hey there, you can fix this for now by editing the WooCommerce Views Plugin file /woocommerce-views/Class_WooCommerce_Views.php on line 8375.
Inserat of

$("body").removeClass("woocommerce");

Just comment it:

//$("body").removeClass("woocommerce");

That should solve the issue, I have asked the Developers to look at this as it seems to me the code is obsolete.

Thank you very much Beda. I will try it. 🙂

Did you have the same success as I did with it?

Thanks!

At the moment I have disabled it waiting for you to solve it directly in your code.
Thanks Beda.
Regards,

Understood 🙂

I'll hence update this ticket once the issue is fixed in the code and released or officially erratated.

Thanks Beda.

Changing back to "Escalated to 2nd Tier"