Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views Date Filter (post date) are completely broken

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

This issue was reported before: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/showing-posts-from-less-than-24-hours-ago/

The Toolset Views Date filters are what seems to be knowingly broken.

My last experience:
Filter posts that are equal or greater to hour past one 1.
That should show all posts that are published the past 24 hours but it shows all posts that where published in ANY month in ANY year corresponding to the past "day" (so if today is the 12th, it shows the 11th of past month too)
That is wrong as per your documentation, we should be able to show the past 24 hours worth of posts https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-toolset-views-by-dates/ (the doc shows the example with past one month 1, see screenshot "Getting posts published last month")

That example from the doc is even more broken, it will actually show the posts from whatever but the current month.

Can you please fix this or at least acknowledge it and publish an errata?
Toolset might be frozen, in new features but no one ever said it is frozen as in "we do not fix what is broken". People (note that the ticket I linked is one of my clients) are paying money for your plugin.
The revenue will not grow, if such things are not fixed. We will sooner or later just go with WP Grid Builder or any custom code solution.

It is really frustrating how this (and other similar issues that are clear bugs) are plain simply ignored. If you plan to ignore it, I would suggest you are straight forward and just terminate Toolset so people stop relying on it.
Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but as a contractor, and as a client, we cannot actually seem to rely on the tool anymore.

It would be good to either have a fix, at least an errata, or, worse but still better, a clear statement that we simply should stop using Toolset.

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I understand the frustration you shared with your initial reply of this ticket but as far as I know the date filters havent been changed since years and how it works is expected results you see. I know its not working as per expectation and have mixed results but this is how it works till now.

if you want to add anything fancy to filter your view based on date then I suggest you should use view's hook "wpv_filter_query". Here is the classic example:
- hidden link

If you checked the following example with the doc you shared:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-toolset-views-by-dates/

Example 2: If a FUTURE_ONE value is used for the Month field and the numerical value is set to 1, then we are filtering for posts published in the month after the current month, regardless of the year published.
(the same applicable for the filter you added).

There is very little we can do here but to get accurate results with date filters I always recommend to have "wpv_filter_query" hook added and add your date filters there to have better control on that.

We may add a notice or clear information with doc about date filters that it should display the results irrespective of month and year when you try to filter with specific date. Your suggestions are always welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.