Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views Causes Many “Internal Server Error”

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ramez-refaatG 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:
Toolset Views when it’s Activated makes the site showing messages
“Internal Server Error”

We did our utmost to Deactivate all other plugins still when this is activated causes this server internal error. This was for about 20 days since happened.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
The whole site pages...logged in logged out
hidden link

I expected to see:
The site working fine.

Instead, I got:
Many “Internal Server Error”

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

If there are internal server errors these will be reported in the logs, and should reveal the source of the problem.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor.

Try visiting any page which triggers the errors and then inspect the log.

Let me know what you find.

We did the Debug since you said but the file is blank nothing is registered in it.
Also we discovered that Toolset View since the last update is conflicting with AppPush plugin...if we Deactivated Toolset h kept AppPush things go okay without error...& vice versa...please help us.

Nigel
Supporter

Simply activating Views and AppPresser together causes the errors?

Let me try that on my own site to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Yes...but please it's AppPush not AppPresser is the one conflicting.
AppPush that sends push notifications on the Application is that one conflicting with Toolset Views.

Thanks a lot...waiting for the results.

Nigel
Supporter

I installed the plugins on my local site and don't see any problems, but it probably requires setting up AppPresser rather than simply installing and activating it (together with AppPusher).

Do you have a staging site where we can do some testing with your installation?

The site credentials you shared were for the live site.

Ordinarily I would take a copy of your site for testing, but your site is enormous, I suspect that may be difficult.

No I don't have Staging site...but if possible to discover on the Live itself, but on editing any codes just backup this specific file.
I am not a developer so I don't know how to help on fulfilling what you want.
Also kindly try to fix the debug that may help you...
AppPush is depending on AppPresser for sure.

Nigel
Supporter

I would strongly suggest you use a host that provides staging sites, particularly when you are using so many plugins, which can inevitably lead to compatibility issues.

I need to confirm that the problem occurs in a basic scenario, i.e.

- deactivate *all* plugins except for the plugins required to reproduce the problem, so in this case just AppPresser & AppPusher and Toolset Views
- switch to a standard theme, e.g. twentynineteen

I don't want to do that on your live site, and if there is no staging site available I ask that you do so, then let me know when you have prepared that and I'll check it straight away so that you can then re-activate the normal plugins on your site and revert to your current theme.

I suggest you take a back-up before making any changes.

My colleagues can then try to reproduce the problem. It appears to me from looking at your site that the AppPresser plugins only work when they are set up and registered to work with a particular domain, so we will likely need to communicate with AppPresser to get a test account from them as a first step to recreating the errors.

Please let me know when you've prepared the site.

Sir, thanks for your efforts & replies.
Well, we are using Dedicated Server so this might be the reason in any Hosting Company that they don’t offer Staging.
Well, the Basic Scenario can be done just in case you are able to return back all the activated plugins as they are...if it took about 1 hour it’s not a problem before visitors who suffered many errors last weeks.
But in case you’re not sure about being able to return all the activated ones...then the Debug is the only solution.
We already have Updraft backup for DB each 6 hours...but not for plugins & themes.
Please you can go ahead on the test of the Basic Scenario or Help us to fix the Debug.
Other solutions are not practical...the site’s size is big can’t take backup of it all.

It’ll take long time to receive reply from AppPresser may be refused, I don’t know, so the best way to check the above ideas suggested.

Thanks for your patience & help.

Nigel
Supporter

If you can go ahead and set up the scenario I described above, then let me know when it is ready, and I will immediately log in and verify what I need, and then I will let you know that you can revert to the current state.

For me I am really busy now, will do that tomorrow & get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I will keep an eye out for your update.

FYI I begin work at 07:00 UTC.

Well dear, we got the error from a Plugin you can use to check it yourself but it's here:
16-Jan-2020 23:39:17 UTC] خطأ You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND post_type IN ('bible-readings', 'bp-email', 'checkin', 'tribe_events', 'mp' at line 1 في قاعدة بيانات ووردبريس للاستعلام SELECT object_id, term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_relationships INNER JOIN wp_posts ON object_id = ID WHERE term_taxonomy_id IN () AND post_type IN ('bible-readings', 'bp-email', 'checkin', 'tribe_events', 'mpp-gallery', 'attachment', 'tribe_organizer', 'page', 'post', 'prayer-requests', 'tribe_venue') AND post_status = 'publish' القادم من require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/customify/page.php'), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require('/themes/customify/template-parts/content-page.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, wpv_do_shortcode, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, WP_Views->taxonomy_query, get_taxonomy_query, get_terms, WP_Term_Query->query, WP_Term_Query->get_terms, _pad_term_counts, QM_DB->query

Also while we have been working this page that ahould show all the posts in the site in Subjects way stopped working
hidden link
Thanks a lot

Well dear, we got the error from a Plugin you can use to check it yourself but it's here:
16-Jan-2020 23:39:17 UTC] خطأ You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND post_type IN ('bible-readings', 'bp-email', 'checkin', 'tribe_events', 'mp' at line 1 في قاعدة بيانات ووردبريس للاستعلام SELECT object_id, term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_relationships INNER JOIN wp_posts ON object_id = ID WHERE term_taxonomy_id IN () AND post_type IN ('bible-readings', 'bp-email', 'checkin', 'tribe_events', 'mpp-gallery', 'attachment', 'tribe_organizer', 'page', 'post', 'prayer-requests', 'tribe_venue') AND post_status = 'publish' القادم من require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/customify/page.php'), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require('/themes/customify/template-parts/content-page.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, wpv_do_shortcode, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, WP_Views->taxonomy_query, get_taxonomy_query, get_terms, WP_Term_Query->query, WP_Term_Query->get_terms, _pad_term_counts, QM_DB->query

I increased the Memory limit & the page worked fine....so kindly ignore the previous post.

Kindly notice that you can check the error from a plugin in the Admin Menu called: BWS Panel

Thanks a lot

Nigel
Supporter

I've downloaded your debug.log file and looked at it: there are a lot of warnings and errors.

I can see the error you highlighted above, i.e.

[16-Jan-2020 23:47:03 UTC] خطأ You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near \') AND post_type IN (\'bible-readings\', \'bp-email\', \'checkin\', \'tribe_events\', \'mp\' at line 1 في قاعدة بيانات ووردبريس  للاستعلام SELECT object_id, term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_relationships INNER JOIN wp_posts ON object_id = ID WHERE term_taxonomy_id IN () AND post_type IN (\'bible-readings\', \'bp-email\', \'checkin\', \'tribe_events\', \'mpp-gallery\', \'attachment\', \'tribe_organizer\', \'page\', \'post\', \'prayer-requests\', \'tribe_venue\') AND post_status = \'publish\' القادم من require(\'wp-blog-header.php\'), require_once(\'wp-includes/template-loader.php\'), include(\'/themes/customify/page.php\'), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(\'/themes/customify/template-parts/content-page.php\'), the_content, apply_filters(\'the_content\'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, wpv_do_shortcode, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view, WP_Views->render_view_ex, WP_Views->render_view, WP_Views->taxonomy_query, get_taxonomy_query, get_terms, WP_Term_Query->query, WP_Term_Query->get_terms, _pad_term_counts, QM_DB->query

That looks like an issue involving Views filters.

But I can also see an almost identical error that is unrelated to Views, i.e.

[17-Jan-2020 00:25:48 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near \'AS parent JOIN  AS child ON parent.id = child.parent_id WHERE child.type = \'bp2w\' at line 1 for query SELECT parent.* FROM  AS parent JOIN  AS child ON parent.id = child.parent_id WHERE child.type = \'bp2wp_sync\' AND child.name = \'wp_nav_menu_recently_edited\' made by require_once(\'wp-load.php\'), require_once(\'wp-config.php\'), require_once(\'wp-settings.php\'), do_action(\'init\'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Nav_Menu->init, WPML_Nav_Menu->get_current_menu, update_user_option, update_user_meta, update_metadata, do_action(\'updated_user_meta\'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, BP2WP_Full_Sync_Loader->bp2wp_update_sync_user_metadata, BP2WP_Full_Sync_Loader->bp2wp_get_parent_fields, QM_DB->query

Which suggests the problem may be related to the set-up of the db with MariaDB.

I'm checking with my colleagues for advice.

One thing I was unable to do was to determine what triggers the errors. I tried visiting some pages on the front-end, but no new errors appeared in the logs.

The "many" internal server errors you reported, when/where do you see them?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.