Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset views and search not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's search filters are not working.

Solution:

In most cases this issue is caused by the filters missing their corresponding query filters in views.

To resolve this it is recommended to delete your filters and re-add them so that the correct query filters can be added.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Toolset_error.jpg

I am trying to: The Custom Search and Views is not working. It was working a few days ago and I have made no changes but now the search options cannot be seen and there are no events showing.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: There were search options for Date, Category etc. and there were lists of events and a map showing.

Instead, I got: Blank

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gina,

I would recommend removing and re-adding your filters as sometimes errors may happen when you are adding the filters.

Thanks,
Shane

That would be great, except that I paid a Toolset Contractor to build the Custom Search and Filters and I dont know how to do it. You are saying that I need to redo it and the money I spent would go to waste and I would have to pay again.
There has to be a way of making it work

You are the worst support person I have had on this site.

I need help from someone more helpful

Please assign me to someone else. I still need help urgently

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gina,

I was under the impression that this was done by you.

It is standard debug procedure to remove all the filters and re-add them in their basic form. From what I can see the filters have custom css applied as well.

Now I was only made aware of the actual situation. I can continue to assist further on this issue and debug to see how best to resolve the filters.

"You are the worst support person I have had on this site." Is not a helpful response as it brings us no closer in solving your issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gina,

The search should now be working.

It seems something was wrong with the original Events view so I created a copy of it and this view works fine.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you very much.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.