Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset view Problem with AVADA Live Editor

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have added a view with recent job opportunities inside the mega menu of avada. On the frontend everything works fine. On the backend and only if I edit the page with avada live editor, the hole page content is inside the navigation with the view. So I am not able to edit the page.

Is there a way to add the shortcode like this {!{wpv-view name='name-of-the-view'}!}? Working with view shortcodes in the content works fine, also in avada live editor.

If you mark our conversation as private, i would attach screenshot, for better understanding.

Best regards

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes, you should be able to include a view using:

{!{wpv-view name='name-of-the-view'}!}

Or:

[wpv-view name='name-of-the-view']

I am setting your next reply as private to share more details, especially credentials to your website if possible. Note that images will always be private for other forum users, only you and our team can see them.

changed-shortcode.png
frontend.png
no-content.png
content-in-navigation.png

Hi Jamal,

that doesn't work. The code is in clear text and nothing happens.
Any idea what is going wrong?

best regards

Jamal
Supporter

Honestly, I can't say what is going on. I am not even familiar with the Avada mega menu. Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check this further? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please add a screenshot to help me find where the mega menu is built in Avada so I can run some tests.

Hi Jamal,

that is not possible. The Site is protected via Basic Auth and VPN. Could it be, that Avada an toolset get in conflict with the_content output?

regards

Jamal
Supporter

I can't really tell. We have several clients using Avada with Toolset and we did not get any other report about this. I think it is an edge case, or it does involve something else(plugin, custom code).

Would you like to reproduce this issue on one of our test sites? You can log in to this test site using the following URL hidden link
If the issue is reproduced, we can assume that's a new compatibility bug, and I'll check what we can do, or I'll escalate it to our 2nd Tier for further analysis.

Hi Jamal,

i can log in, but not more. It doesn't matter where i click, the site crash's. You haven't installed the AVADA theme. So... how can i reproduce the potential bug?

Best regards

Jamal
Supporter

Yes, I did not install the Avada theme. I was hoping you will install it and reproduce it by recreating the same requirements for it as in your server. I understood that you use an extension for the menu, can you install or activate it?

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset view Problem with AVADA Live Editor’ is closed to new replies.