Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset types, when activated, prevents the block editor from appearing

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Edit pages using blocks

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:NA --- local dev site

I expected to see: Block Editor

Instead, I got: Back end editor. When types (version 3.3.8) is deactivated, the blocks editor appears as expected. Reactivated, edit goes to backend editor.
This happens on all pages, including simple ones with no toolset views or custom anything -- just basic WP.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

When Types is active, please go to Toolset > Post types and edit the post types, including built-in post types such as pages, where the first settings box contains an option as to whether to use the block editor or the classic editor.

I'm guessing these are set to use the classic editor, though I'm not sure why that would be if you didn't specify that, because they default to the block editor.

In any case, you should be able to enable it there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.