Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Types Plugin – Could Not Be Activated Because It Triggered a Fatal Error

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:

Activate other plugins after toolset types plugin activated.

Instead, I got: "Plugin Could Not Be Activated Because It Triggered a Fatal Error"

I have done the usual debug and disabled all plugins and re-eneabled one by one until I filally replicated the issue seevral times with toolset plugin activated. Everything works fine if its deactivated. As a workaround I can enable all plugins and leave types as the last plugin to enable.

I am however, suspecting that toolset might be causeing another issue on the site. I have a form which is supposed to change the fields on a custom field. However I am getting a cURL error eevry time. Its through trying to fidn the plugin causing the cURL error that I discovered the above as well

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Do you have details of the errors from your debug logs?

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try repeating the steps to trigger the error and then inspect the log.

Let us know what it reports.

As an aside, I note from your Toolset debug info (thanks for sharing) that you are using PHP 8.3.

Toolset is only formally tested to PHP 8.1, and we have been relying on user reports of issues with PHP 8.2, but there have been few of those so far.

There are a quite a few items in the logs most recurring. Added the relevant ones here:

[17-Nov-2023 10:59:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/usermeta-init.php on line 258
[17-Nov-2023 10:59:32 UTC] PHP Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/usermeta-init.php on line 258
[17-Nov-2023 11:00:00 UTC] PHP Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/usermeta-init.php on line 258
[17-Nov-2023 11:00:09 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: action_scheduler_run_queue, Error code: invalid_schedule, Error message: Event schedule does not exist., Data: {"schedule":"every_minute","args":["WP Cron"],"interval":60}
[17-Nov-2023 11:00:33 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: jetpack_sync_cron, Error code: invalid_schedule, Error message: Event schedule does not exist., Data: {"schedule":"jetpack_sync_interval","args":[],"interval":300}
[17-Nov-2023 11:00:33 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: jetpack_sync_full_cron, Error code: invalid_schedule, Error message: Event schedule does not exist., Data: {"schedule":"jetpack_sync_interval","args":[],"interval":300}
[17-Nov-2023 11:00:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OTGS\Installer\AdminNotices\wpml_collect() in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/admin-notices/Dismissed.php:36
Stack trace:

[17-Nov-2023 11:01:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: ctype_digit(): Argument of type WP_Post will be interpreted as string in the future in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php on line 134
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Calling get_parent_class() without arguments is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/application/models/WooCommerce/WcQuery.php on line 69
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Calling get_parent_class() without arguments is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/application/models/WooCommerce/WcQuery.php on line 69
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ElementorModules::$view_widget is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/elementor.php on line 126
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ElementorModules::$form_widget is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/elementor.php on line 134
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ElementorModules::$view_widget is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/elementor.php on line 126
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ElementorModules::$form_widget is deprecated in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/elementor.php on line 134
[17-Nov-2023 11:01:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: ctype_digit(): Argument of type WP_Post will be interpreted as string in the future in /home/customer/www/dev.sinfulhouse.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php on line 134

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thanks for that, there is a single reference to a fatal error, which is the problem.

I note that we had a couple of similar reports in recent months, although they weren't pursued because they were "fixed" by activating Types after other plugins.

I'm just checking in with my colleagues that maintain this part of the codebase to see what comments they have.

I'll get back to you have when I have some feedback.

Nigel
Supporter

I have formally escalated the issue to the Installer team, who will handle it.

All being well the fix should be included in the next release of Types, but I'll let you know when it is out.

ok, I also have an issue with the cURL and I am suspecting it could be types as well. The reason for my suspicion is that I disabled all the plugins except Gravity Forms and types and the issue persisted.

Basically I have a gravity forms with a select field which is supposed to update a custom user field created in types. However, it is not updated and is giving a cURL error. Therefore while we are at it can we also have a look at this cURL problem. Its whie looking for cURL that I discovered the above

Nigel
Supporter

You registered a custom user field with Types, but you are trying to update that field using Gravity Forms, and when doing that you get a cURL error.

What is the context here? You are submitting a Gravity Form from the front end? This form is a form to update user profiles and includes this user field? You are not using any code to take inputs from the form and update the user meta?

I'm struggling to understand how Toolset is involved here, if that's the case, inasmuch as your form would simply be populating wp_usermeta with a value for some user for a key that happens to match the key used by Types for a custom user field, but which could still be used if Types were not active. (Note, the meta keys for Types custom fields include a 'wcpf-' prefix, e.g. "wpcf-joined" for a custom field with a slug of "joined".)

I must be missing something.

Could you please elaborate with a more detailed description of how you have this set up, the context for where the error appears, and what are the details of the error.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Types Plugin – Could Not Be Activated Because It Triggered a Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.