Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset strips html from Woo product description

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jon Burr 1 year, 5 months ago.

Author

I am trying to: Set up a template to display Woo products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This page is a Woo product page. No Toolset template pages yet
hidden link

I expected to see: A Toolset Woo part for short description
- and for Toolset not to strip html from Woo Tabs

Instead, I got: No short description, so I tried moving elements over to the first tab (long description) - but the html was stripped out so button styling didn't work

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jon

Sorry, it's not clear from your description, you made that product template with Toolset or not?

The Toolset WooCommerce blocks reproduce the WooCommerce UI, but allow you to place the component parts where you want in a single product template. I'm not sure WooCommerce has a short description component?

As for stripping HTML, what HTML are you trying to add?

The description comes from the post_content field of the product post. I just tested adding a span with custom class to some text in the content of a product, and that was preserved in the description tab on the front end.

Is there something specific you are trying to add?

I'm working around this issue by putting Toolset Custom Blocks (for a button and an audio file) in the Woo Product "description" tab. Never mind the "short description" question.
My other ticket has the relevant issues, now

I'm not trying to use that Woo Commerce part (short description) at this point.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.