Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Sidebar is not Appearing.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertR-12 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Create my very first, very basic view following the tutorial here https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1628521-1622283/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This is on the admin side so can't be seen on a page.

I expected to see: The Toolset sidebar where I can choose fields that are inserted, etc.

Instead, I got: No sidebar

I installed Toolset last year, found it not particularly intuitive and had to set it aside for other projects. I've now come back to it with some time to learn and attempting to follow the Views tutorial linked above. I started out creating a Table view, but couldn't seem to add any fields to the actual table. (I.e. I couldn't locate which gear/whatever to click to add fields directly into the table. I'd been able to add search fields just fine.) It SEEMS to be generating the results properly as when I do a search on the actual page, it finds the correct number of items. It just doesn't display anything. (again, probably because I've not been able to add fields.

So, I simplified things... followed the tutorial exactly and tried to create just a basic Grid view. I'm able to add a field and it says "Please select a Field Source in the sidebar". However, there is no sidebar appearing. Further, I don't see any gear/control/anything that would allow me to turn one on.

Initially I had the Divi theme turned on. Thinking that might be the culprit, I switched to the Twenty Nineeteen theme. Still no sidebar.

toolset no sidebar.png

Adding a screen shot to:

1) Show there is no sidebar
2) Note that there is also a message that "There were no posts to display for this View's query." despite there appearing to be 27 pages worth of posts (note the pagination). Further, the search appeared to be working in the previously mentioned Table view I had been constructing.

toolset no sidebar2.png

Adding one more screenshot. Note that I found the left sidebar could be turned on and I can highlight the field I'm hoping to make changes to which, in turn, turns on a right sidbar. However, there are no settings to be made/adjusted.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

I actually think this situation resolves itself, but I'm honestly not sure why or how. I stepped away for a bit, came back and created a new view and was able to see the sidebar. Logic would dictate I must have made an error in the first view, but I can't find an issue with it. Marking this as resolved since things are working.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.