Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderS-9 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Untitled.png

I am receiving this error message.

Hi, it looks like your site meets the requirements here, so there must be some kind of problem with the URLs associated with this site and the registration key. I assume you are trying to register the site hidden link using the key created for the same URL, not some staging domain. If you are registering a test or development environment you must create a key for to the development environment instead, since each key is tied to a single domain. Can you try these troubleshooting steps?
- Go to wp-admin > Settings > General and take a screenshot showing the WordPress Address URL and the Site Address URL. Attach those screenshots in your next reply.
- Resave the site permalinks in wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks, then go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, click the "Commercial" tab, scroll down to the Toolset installer panel and try to Register Toolset again.
- If the problem is not resolved, go to https://toolset.com/account/sites and delete the existing site key for hidden link
- Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, then click the "Commercial" tab. Scroll down and click "Register Toolset" again. Now click the link to "Get a key for this site" to generate a site key for the correct domain. You will be redirected to the Toolset Sites page, where you can copy the new registration key.
- Return to your wp-admin area and paste the new registration key in the Site key input field. This process will prevent any errors in generating the key for an incorrect domain.

If the problem is persists with this new key, I may need to take a closer look. Let me know the results and we can continue troubleshooting if necessary.

1.png
2.png

Hi, I tried everything you suggested and while the plugin seems to recognize that it is licensed, it continues to show that error.

Okay that is unusual. May I log into wp-admin and take a look? I will not make any changes without your approval, I want to see if there is anything obvious I have overlooked. Private reply fields are enabled here so you can share login credentials securely.

Hi, today the problem doesn't show up anymore. Did you change anything? As long as it is working, I guess you do not need to access the site.

No, we haven't made any systemic changes that I'm aware of and I did not log in to your site to make any changes in wp-admin. It's possible that one of the troubleshooting steps solved the problem that caused the initial connection error, but did not attempt to reconnect immediately. Then the next time WordPress checked for automatic updates (today?), communication with our backend server was successful and the error message was cleared. That's my best guess. If the problem returns, feel free to reopen the ticket here. I think we can mark this one as resolved for now, if you agree?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.