Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset CPT integration with Newspaper theme

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by timH-3 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

There was a thread from last year where someone enquired about problems integrating Toolset CPTs with the very popular Newspaper theme by tagDiv:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cpt-content-not-showing-in-newspaper-theme/

You mentioned it was difficult to do and required hacking the theme, which in itself causes issues. I have, however, successfully used the Newspaper function "td_module_single_base::get_content" within the Toolset settings to display my Toolset CPT succesfully. It might be, though, that this is just one of a number of their functions that would need hooking in to, I'm going to delve deeper. Might it be an idea in toolset to allow users to enter more than one function here, in situations like this?

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the solution, are we talking about this Toolset setting option:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content
option "Theme support for Content Templates"

If it is, as you can see, this option supports only one name, if you agree, we can take it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

Thanks Luo, yes that's correct, I set the function "td_module_single_base::get_content" in Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content -> Theme support for Content Templates.

I have had it confirmed by tagDiv that that is the only function used to get content throughout the teme (see below). It's good for Toolset to be usable with one of the most popular themes on the planet, so if anyone else gets in touch you can point them this way!

"It is a single function to get the content. The one you mention from td_module_single_base. It is being called in all of these files: hidden link"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.