Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset conflicts with GiveWP

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 months, 1 week ago.

Author

I am trying to:
use my donation forms created in GiveWP for fundraising. But there is a conflict with Toolset Views

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The donation form does not complete. But it does when I disable Views. This also happens when I try to delete any backend data from GiveWP. The data will not delete until I disable your plugin. I see that others have similar issues. Thank you for any help you can give me on this, as the fundraiser is just starting the campaign now.

Instead, I got:

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

We are aware of an issue deleting back-end data of GiveWP. We reported the problem to their developers (the issue arises because they modify the behaviour of a core WordPress filter, which then has unintended consequences), and they said they would work on it as part of their PHP8 compatibility work, which I assume is ongoing.

I can describe a patch you can apply to their plugin code to fix that problem, but I don't know if the problem submitting the form is connected. Does the form fail because of JavaScript errors or a network request problem (check the browser dev console), or is it because of a fatal error on the server (check the PHP debug logs)?

Note that the first issue only happens after updating the server to PHP 8 (prior to which the problem produced warnings in the server logs, but no errors).

Assuming no recent changes, the code that needs updating is wp-content/plugins/givewp/includes/database/class-give-db-meta.php lines 151 to 153, which you can change to

if ( $this->raw_result ) {
            if ( ! ( $value = get_metadata( $this->meta_type, $id, $meta_key, false ) ) ) {
                $value = [];
            }

You can try that and see if it resolves the form submission problem, too. If not, please share details of any errors you find when trying to submit the form.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset conflicts with GiveWP’ is closed to new replies.