Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset breaks OceanWP layout with overriding css

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Sebastien 5 years, 10 months ago.

Author

On a website where Types and Views are installed, I'm switching from Divi to OceanWP theme.

The problem is that the content goes 100% full with everywhere.
I thought that the cause was the bootstrap loading, but whatever the setting is, I can see the following rule in the inspector:
.container {
max-width: 100%;
}
This rule (line 45) is loaded from:
/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/res/css/themes/oceanwp-overrides.css?ver=1.3.0

If I uncheck it in the inspector, the site is ok again.

I don't understand why it happens on this site particularly because on other sites, OceanWP + Toolset work just fine. I can't identify the source of the problem here.
Can you please help me to solve this ?

Thank you
Sébastien

I think I found the solution by myself...
> Appearance > Customize > General Options > General Settings from OceanWP.
The main container width was modified at 1600px, when I reseted this option (default: 1200px), I could tweak the width the way I wanted.
It seems that, with or without Toolset, the main container width value isn't the same.
Anyway, I don't have time enough to investigate but the important thing is I found a workaround.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.