Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Blocks and EditorsKit compatiability

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I have a simple (test) site using both "Toolset Blocks" and "Gutenberg Block Editor Toolkit – EditorsKit" plugins. When I go to Settings / EditorsKit, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException in /home/ingersol/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/Condition/type.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/ingersol/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/condition_factory.php(88): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Type->__construct(false, Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) #1 /home/ingersol/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/relationship_query_v2.php(417): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Factory->has_type(false, Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) #2 /home/ingersol/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/relationship_query_v2.php(403): Toolset_Relationship_Query_V2->has_domain_and_type(false, 'posts', Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent)) in /home/ingersol/public_html/gp/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/Condition/type.php on line 28
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

---
I tried the two plugins a different site (blocks.ingersollinteractive.com) and got the following error emailed to me:

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.5.1
Current theme: Kadence (version 0.8.14)
Current plugin: Toolset Blocks (version 1.3.1)
PHP version 7.2.29

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 28 of the file /home/ingersol/public_html/blocks/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/Condition/type.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException in /home/ingersol/public_html/blocks/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/Condition/type.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ingersol/public_html/blocks/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/condition_factory.php(88): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Type->__construct(false, Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent))
#1 /home/ingersol/public_html/blocks/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/relationship_query_v2.php(417): Toolset_Relationship_Query_Condition_Factory->has_type(false, Object(Toolset_Relationship_Role_Parent))
#2 /home/ingersol/public_html/blocks/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/RelationshipQuery/relationship_query_v2.php(403): Toolset_Relationship_Query_V2->has_domain_and_type(false, 'posts', Object(Toolset_Relationsh

Hi, I can actually see the same error in my local site when I go to Settings > Editorskit with this plugin active in an older site, but not in a site created from scratch. Is it possible for me to create a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin so I can escalate the issue to my 2nd tier support team? If so, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

I'll use your clone and run some tests locally. Thanks, I'll give you an update shortly.

Okay thanks, the issue seems to be related to Toolset Blocks. If I deactivate Blocks and leave Types active, the error disappears. Now that I understand this, I can replicate the problem on a clean site installation. That indicates a compatibility issue with Blocks and EditorsKit. Let me escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation. I'll keep you posted here as I receive more information. For now, the only workaround I know of is to temporarily deactivate Toolset blocks if you need to access the EditorsKit settings page. You may delete the Duplicator package from your live site if you wish.

Thank you.

I think this would be a valuable fix for Toolset. The challenge these days is to hone down the number of tools in place. As I am moving away from page builders to the block editor, Toolset's focus on blocks is welcome. The EditorsKit is a strong plugin to make blocks that much more useful.

I look forward to the fix when it's ready. In the meantime, as you suggest.

Hi Toolset Support,

it is not only this WP-PlugIn EditorsKit that causes this PHP error, but also this WP-PlugIn "Block Manager".
https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-manager/

With both WP-PlugIns this error did not occur in the previous version of WP Toolset Blocks. My guess regarding to the root cause of this PHP-Error: Whenever a WP-PlugIn wants to create an inventory of all available gutenberg blocks, the new WP Toolset Blocks version causes this PHP-Error. It is therefore a systematic problem on the side of the WP Toolset Blocks PlugIn, which has absolutely nothing to do with the otherwise additionally used WP PlugIns.

Please fix this problem as fast as possible, because it's production relevant for me!

Thanks very much for your investigation & support!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I've added the report about the Block Manager plugin to the same internal ticket. We are in the testing phase of a fix for the EditorsKit issue, so we can test that same solution with this other plugin, too.

Our developers have informed me that the fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming Blocks 1.4 / Views 3.4 releases. I'll keep you up-to-date on the release schedule as I receive more information here.

Hi, it turns out this issue has been addressed in the Blocks 1.3.3 / Views 3.3.3 release that is currently being pushed out to the public. If you have not yet been prompted to update on your site, you may go to Plugins > Add New > Commercial tab, click "Check for updates" in the Toolset Installer panel, and update to the latest versions of all Toolset plugins.

Please update and let me know if the issue is not completely resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.