Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset and elementor together with Woocommerce.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

HI, i'm using elementor and wp-types/views to replicate this hidden link which is types/views and another editor but we're re building it using elementor on hidden link

It shows the table from types/views ok but it seems to be ignoring the rest of the elemetor page and still showing things like the in correct page title and header.

you can see the page at: hidden link by logging in using, username: Elementor and password: Vp4LE%YqpkxbQEMW8g%zHxfk

basically i want the header and footer i've created then the woocommerce product list (as the table)

cheers.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Andy

Elementor templates are relatively new, and I haven't seen them used for WooCommerce product archives before.

But when I go to your site and Elementor > My Templates and check the Product Archive tab, there is no template.

If Elementor were to be used to customise the product archive page I would expect to see a template there.

Can you create one and see if it is used?

Let me know, and if not I will do some further digging.

HI Nigel, i've added a template within there and it's showing the same results, it's crammed everything into one slim section within the website and i can't figure out why

cheers
Andy

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Andy

With the addition of templates, Elementor now overlaps with Toolset in respect to such functionality, and both are aiming to intervene in the template hierarchy to display something other than what would normally be displayed by the theme (with the additional complication that WooCommerce also does the same for the product archive, or shop page). Not everyone can win this race.

If you want to use Elementor templates for the product page you cannot also create a custom WordPress archive with Views (as you currently have).

You should
- go to Toolset > WooCommerce Views and choose the standard WC templates for products and product archives—I did this already. (You are not going to design the single product or product archive templates with Toolset, but you still need the Toolset WooCommerce Views plugin active if you want to be able to use the special shortcodes to insert WC fields with Views.)
- create a View which outputs products the same way your custom archive for products currently does
- go to Toolset > WordPress Archives and delete (or, at least, un-assign) your custom product archives, you can't use them
- edit your Elementor template for product archives and insert the View you just created to replicate the archive as a module in the template

I think that should give you the result you are looking for, but if not let me know.

Thanks, it kind of worked ...it show is the previw but then the page just shows the shortcode when being viewed...

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Andy

It looks like there is a problem with the Views widget.

I used an Elementor shortcode widget to insert the shortcode for the View and it appears to work fine, if you could confirm.

I'll try to reproduce the problem with the widget and report it so that the developer can fix.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.