Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Access is conflicting with Menu Settings

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Menu_OutofPlace.jpg
Menu_Correct.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue where my members (I'm managing member roles automatically via Memberpress) see a menu where menu items, regardless of their level, end up on the top level and thus the menu looks totally out of place, as you can see in the screenshot attached.

This is only happening for members with the associated "Members" role on my site, it doesn't happen for users with another role. I can also fix the issue if I resave the wordpress user profile in the backend. The problem also disappears when I deactivate Toolset Access, so somehow Toolset Access is creating a conflict on the menu level.

Menus are additionally managed by UberMenu Pro and their support helped me identify Toolset Access as the one creating the conflict, because UberMenu does not interfere with the WordPress Menu structure itself in terms of sub vs top level menu.

I'm using Toolset Access mostly to determine Access for Forms, so I'm not sure why it's interfering with the menus in the first place, but it does! Any help would thus be appreciated 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Hi, I think I would need to log in and create a clone of the site to be able to investigate this further. I suspect that I will need to monitor the database and see what is happening when the User profile is resaved in the backend, to understand how the problem is solved in this scenario. If that is okay, please provide admin credentials in the private reply fields here, and also provide a Member's login so I can see the problem when logged-in as that Member. I will install the WP All-in-One migration plugin to create the site clone if you approve.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Access is conflicting with Menu Settings’ is closed to new replies.