Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access adds #no_privileges to some post edit links for shop_manage role

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

When Toolset Access is activated, it adds #no_privileges to some of the edit links on the overview pages in wp-admin for two custom post types, when I am logged in with the user role "shop_manager" that comes from WooCommerce.
For instance wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product
One of the CPTs are "product" from WooCommerce. The other is a CPT, that I set up with Types.

When #no_privileges is added to the edit links, the links are deactivated and I can't get into the edit screen via them.

I can't yet see a pattern to which links gets #no_privileges added.

If I'm logged in with "administrator" user role, there is no problem.

I haven't set anything up in Access for these CPTs or the "shop_manager" user role. I'm using Access to control access to a third CPT, that I set up with Types.

Hi, can you try the following troubleshooting steps to help narrow down the cause of this problem?
- Manage the native WordPress "Post" post type with Access. Go to Toolset > Access Control > Post Types tab, and choose the "manage with Access" for the Post post type. Test again in the back end and seed if Shop Mgr is able to edit posts more consistently now.
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Access, and WooCommerce. If you need to activate a plugin like Maintenance Mode during testing, that's fine. Activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Now try to edit posts as Shop Mgr again. If the problem is resolved, that indicates a conflict with your theme or plugins. Reactivate your theme, then plugins, one by one, until the conflict is revealed.
- If the problem was not resolved by deactivating theme and plugins, log in as Shop Mgr. Make sure the Shop Mgr is the author of at least one published post in all of the CPTs that have permissions issues. Test the edit links again.

Please let me know the results of these tests and we can go from there.

Here are the results:

Manage the native WordPress "Post" post type with Access
This makes it worse. The title-links with #no_privileges still doesn't work for shop_manager, but the links without #no_privileges are now totally deactivated. Black text, no link.
So, I deactivated it.

Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Access, and WooCommerce / Activate a default theme
I did this and now the problem was gone, when logged in as shop_manager.
I then reactived the normal theme and the plugins one by one. The problem reappeared, when I reactivated WPML Multilingual CMS.
So, what do I need to check now?

Okay thanks. If the problem appears only when WPML is active, then the WPML support forum is the best source of assistance. Their support team is trained to know how to troubleshoot these issues more effectively. Before you do that, you can try these two configuration changes:

- Make sure that the Shop Manager User is set up as a Translator between all the necessary languages. Test again.

- Go to Toolset > Access Control > Custom Roles. Enable "advanced mode", then edit the permissions for the Shop Manager role. Go to the WPML Capabilities tab and check "wpml_manage_woocommerce_multilingual". Test again.

If neither of these steps solve the problem completely, I suggest you create a ticket on the WPML forum to get the best support. It's probably a configuration they will be able to spot quickly.

Your last suggestions didn't change anything, so I created a ticket here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/access-and-wpml-adds-no_privileges-to-post-edit-links-for-shop_manager/

I found out myself, that the solution to this was to put all affected Custom Post Types under management by Toolset Access.

I.e.: "Toolset" -> "Access Control" -> "Post Types" -> Select "Managed by Access" instead of "Use the default WordPress permissions" on the specific post type and then select all checkboxes.

I'm just wondering why I can't leave it at "Use the default WordPress permissions" for these post types? Because I have no changes to how shop_manager should be able to interact with these post types.

I'm not exactly sure, if you'd like to investigate in more detail I can log in to your wp-admin area, create a clone of your site, and ask my 2nd tier support for some insight. I've seen one other person report a similar bug on the forums, but we did not investigate fully. I will activate private reply fields here so you can share login credentials in confidence.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.