Skip Navigation

[Resolved] To show "Views" for authors which displayed in "Views"

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antonK-2 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
There are "Views" which query filters contains specific authors.
Views_1: author1,author2
Views_2: author3,author4

Please advise how to display views only for authors which in query filter?
It means that Views_1 can see only author1 and author2 while author3 and author4 should see only Views_2.

Thank you in advance for help.
Sincerely
Anton

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

If I understand the need correctly it is more of an Access issue rather than the query filter.

You might find a good starter documentation here:

https://toolset.com/course-chapter/controlling-access-to-content-in-directory-sites/

Thanks.

It’s not access , it’s query filter issue. Authors should see only those posts which contain their names in special field. The field contains several authors separated by comma.

let me please specify example : I use one "Views" putting in different posts. For each post in section "Query filter" I put Post authors which should be displayed in each post.

The question is how to create "Views" which will show users only those post where they are mentioned in "Query filter".

Thank you
Anton

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.

Also please give me the section that I need to check to understand the issue.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

I guess making private message option is on your side.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Sorry I had to enable it. I did that. I will check the site as soon as you give tthe nfo.

Please also tell us which section to check to understand the issue

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

You will be able to add a new View and there you can add a query filter with the information below:

Select posts with the author the same as the current logged in user.

When you edit the View, you open the Query Filter "Add Filter" GUI and choose "Post Author", then "Post author is the same as the logged in user"

That way, the view will only show if the current user that checks the website is the author of the post in quesiton.

Thanks.

The post author is different.

Post contains "View" which displays content of another authors which mentioned in special field in query filter. There can be several authors separated by comma.

And finally need another View which will show posts above. Authors should see only those posts where there are mentioned inside View in a post.

Sincerely
Anton

I've found another way via child posts

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

sorry, the question is still actual for child posts way.

Post type 1 link with Post type 2 child post.
User2 is author of Post type 2.
User1 is author of Post type 1.

How to display Post type 1 for the User2?

Thank you in advance!
Anton

New threads created by Christopher Amirian and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-child-post-user-show/

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

As you set the ticket as resolved the login information is deleted for us.

And as you took another approach I need to check and see how you set things up.

I will create a new ticket, and there please add the login information and a more detailed steps on what you have done for the new approach with proper links in the private reply so that I can check and undertsnad the issue.

I am not able to understand the way you described on the last reply, it is better to check the setup to be able to undertsand.

continue in separate topic.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.