Skip Navigation

[Resolved] This demo site can’t be installed

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A reference site cannot be installed with the Framework Installer.

Solution:
If the installation gets stuck during the install process it is a sign that the server settings for timeout and/or memory are inadequate and need increasing.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Roberto 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 16.18.52.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 16.19.05.png

I am trying to: Install a classified demo site locally using MAMP.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A

I expected to see: A fully functional classified like the one on wp-types.com

Instead, I got: I simply can't install the demo site. I followed the instructions strictly several times, starting from a blank wordpress install, resetting it again and again without success.
I always end up with a blocking message: This demo can't be installed.
All the needed plugins are placed in the plugins folder as you can see in the screenshot. I've also tried deleting them and installing fresh.
My internet connection is working normally, so it's not a network problem, I guess.
What do I do to have the Classified site running locally?

My specs:

Macos Sierra 10.12.6
MAMP 3.5.2
Wordpress 4.9.4
Latest toolset plugins

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Roberto

I just tried to install the Classifieds site myself and found the same thing, that it is not possible, but that the reason is not clear.

I have escalated this thread so that it can be investigated further.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will let you know when there is something to report.

Any update?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Roberto

My colleague in second tier confirmed the issue and has reported it to the developers.

I have a daily meeting with the developers soon and will ask them to prioritise this.

I'll let you know when there is some progress.

Ok. But while they don’t fix the intall system, could you provide me with a backup (using All in on migration or similar) so I can carry on with my client’s project? I found a support thread in which this temporary solution was given to someone.
That would be enough for me now.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Roberto

I would have offered to do that, but as I cannot install the reference site myself I cannot make a duplicate to share with you.

I am in contact with the developer who is working on it and I hope to have an update for you soon.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Roberto

There was an issue last week which was fixed and there shouldn't be any problems installing the reference site now.

Please go to Toolset > Settings > Reset Demo Site and perform a reset.

Then activate the Framework Installer plugin and no others.

You should then be able to install the Classifieds reference site, provided all of the required plugins are present but not active.

If you find you cannot let me know where it fails.

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 3.18.20 PM.png

Hi Nigel,

I tried on my office's imac. In fact I was able to start the download but I got stuck in the middle of it as you can see in the screenshot.
note: Before starting I raised the server default timeout setting (apache and php).

Still no luck.
Could you please send me a backup of that installation? All in one migration plugin preferably.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Roberto

If it is getting stuck during the installation it seems like the server timeout or memory settings are inadequate (not sure what you raised them to), but in any case I have prepared an All-in-One WP Migration backup for you which you can find here:
hidden link (credentials are toolset / toolset).

Thank you for sending me the backup.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.