Skip Navigation

[Resolved] There is no Starter Theme, what now?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue was that the toolset starter theme was deprecated.

Solution:

I must apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I can admit that better communication was needed with customers before we stop supporting this theme.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Have Toolset Starter Theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

I expected to see:
Toolset Starter Theme

Instead, I got:
Nothing

So, I am very dissapointed with this situation. You discontinued theme which you advertised on FB in 2017 (Very short period from ad to end). You did not send information about ending support for this theme. What about all of our current sites made with Starter Theme? It's ridicuolus. This decisions and communications makes Toolset looks like a toy for kids and not a tool for proffesionals.

There should be loud and clear message repeated many times plus 2-3 years of support.

I saw this: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-starter-theme-discontinued-do-we-have-to-worry/#post-903910

But most important link there is hidden. Please reveale it.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I must apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I can admit that better communication was needed with customers before we stop supporting this theme.

Regarding the forum link that you sent me. I went ahead and made the replies in that post public.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.