Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The7 theme: custom fields do not appear in the page / post editor

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: create a custom field and add it to a custom "room / rooms" post type. But, the created field does not appear in the post type editor.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the custom field created in the post type editor

Instead, I got: the custom field does not appear in post editor

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Francesco

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

I took a quick look at your site and I could see the problem. The issue is not the theme—I temporarily switched to twentyseventeen and the problem persisted—and I suspect it to be a conflict with one of your plugins.

Could you try de-activating the non-Toolset plugins and test again? If the problem disappears then you can identify which plugin is causing the issue by re-activating them one-by-one until it re-appears.

Let me know what you find and I can see how to proceed.

I'm sorry. I will publish the next Ticket on "Technical Support forum".

Anyway, I found the problem. The conflict is created by the WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) plugin.

Nigel
Supporter

I took a copy of your site for further testing and found that it was the combination of WPBakery and The7 Go Pricing plugins that cause the issue.

I'm escalating this thread so that it can be investigated further, and I'll get back to you when I have some news.

Nigel
Supporter

Reviewing this I see that we contacted the author of the The7 Go Pricing plugin and described the problem, and it seems they would have included a fix some time ago (we didn't get a written confirmation, but they agreed to include a simple fix).

If you are using current plugin versions you will hopefully have already noticed that this is fixed.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.