Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The toolset views that was created is not picking up

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: I created a Toolset Views for my website and until a week ago it was working fine. Today the formatting is all lost and I am not sure what happened. Everything looks a mess

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The views that I created which includes the map and search and the templates.

Instead, I got: Everything is a mess - go to the website and see.

Hi, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because I'm not sure what it should look like. Can you tell me more about which styles are missing? Are they styles that were included in your child theme's CSS files, or styles that were included in the CSS panel of a View, or somewhere else? Do you have a backup of the site from before the problem occurred?

Have you tried deactivating all plugins except Toolset and Elementor?

Hi Christian,

None of the Toolset Views that were created are being picked up - it almost seems like Tooset is deactivated when is still active.
If you log into my wp-admin you will see that there are some views (Events Grid View with list the events and supposed to include a map of event locations. There is another view that is called Template for Products and it is not being picked up.

In summary, none of the formats for the Toolset are being used. I paid a contractor to build them and dont know what happened.

None of the Toolset Views that were created are being picked up
I don't understand what you mean by "picked up", can you elaborate? I see at least one View displayed on the home page. The item "What I Learned about Sales from Military Intelligence" is one of the results in View ID 1544.

Sorry I tried to deactivate plugins as you suggested and got crashed out of the WP admin panel and can't get back in to see anything.

Now everything is deactivated and looking like a mess. I need to wait for the host support to help me get back into the wp admin dashboard..

If you log in with FTP, you can go to the wp-content folder and rename the plugins folder to something like plugins-bak. This will effectively disable all plugins temporarily, and should give you access to wp-admin again. Then go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and you'll see all the plugins disabled. Now rename the plugins-bak folder to be plugins again. Turn on plugins one by one as you like.

If renaming the plugins folder does not give you access to wp-admin immediately, you can go to wp-content/themes and rename the folder of the active theme. This will effectively disable the active theme and revert to a default theme.

Toolset_readmore.jpg
Toolset_search_views.jpg
Views_format.jpg

While I am waiting for the host to resolve the issue, I will attach the screenshots of the views that I had and how everything looked like.

In the first picture, you can see the search box and the list view of the events. In the 2nd picture, you can see the map that was to the right side of the list view. - these 2 pictures were part of the Events Grid View.

The last picture is part of the Products Content Template looks like.

The issue is that none of those views are being picked up..

Yith_code_plugin_rename.jpg

Hello, I am following your instructions to rename the plugin folder but it doesn't let me rename. Here is what I see.

You have to use the right side of the screen to rename, it's kind of confusing. I am in wp-admin now, I had to rename the themes directory. It seems that the child theme was causing the crash, not sure what's going on there. At any rate, you should be able to get into wp-admin now. All plugins are deactivated and a default theme is active.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.