Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The Toolset doesn't work with Betheme

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by razvanM-2 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello

The Toolset doesn't work with Betheme.

I've to set a custom post type, and somehow by default the format that is using is from the post type. The custom post type item shows the title, social media and author box, although I expected just a blank page.

I've been using CTP UI free WordPress Module and has a simple box where you type page and it loads the settings from the theme and show the post type you created as a page - hidden link in my case a blank page, as it should be.

I see that there's a option for "Page" but id doesn't work, as it doesn't do anything.

Here is a full theme as is in the current version hidden link please wait till you see a link available or refresh the page. The link will be available till the end of the month.

So how can I use Betheme and Toolset to get the page functionality.

I cannot provide live version because I am testing in local development.

Regards.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 08.34.25.png

I installed the theme on a local site and set up a custom post type and a template for posts of that type it worked as expected.

In the screenshot you can see that part of the screen which is replaced by a Views template, which is specifically the content of the post.

The rest of the page, such as the title, author details, sharing links etc., are, together with the header and footer, all generated by the theme.

Some themes signed up to the Beyond Pages programme (https://toolset.com/documentation/beyond-pages-program/) which means that the theme options are made available on Toolset templates (so that you can turn on/off sidebars, post meta UI etc. for posts displayed with a Toolset template, the specifics depending on the theme). Such themes are listed here https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/. You might encourage the Betheme authors to do the same.

In the meantime if you need to take more control over what the theme outputs for single custom post types you would need to edit the theme files (or, rather, the child theme files). Copy the single.php to a new file such as single-project.php for a "project" custom post type, for example, which will be used to display single posts of that type. You can then edit the file and remove the blocks that output content you don't need.

Hello

set up a custom post type and a template for posts of that type it worked as expected.

I don't understand why the default function of a new custom post type is the function of single.php not page.php. Why would I want to create a new post type with the function of a post not a page.

I choose to create a post type for a certain pages that are separate from the main pages and I could customise them with a page template.

Copy the single.php to a new file such as single-project.php for a "project" custom post type, for example, which will be used to display single posts of that type.

I did this, but for forgot to mention it in my first reply.

I started the topic because the first thing I wanted to set the custom post to act a page based on the existing page.php. It didn't work.

Then because after I read the documentation and saw that even your FAQ are on using a .php custom file for the post type, and I created a single.php in my them child and again it did not work because it keep loading the single.php from the base theme.

Then tried to format the .php file as a page.php. Again no success.

Found a incomplete thread on this forum regarding betheme and thought that might be a problem with the theme.

__

So my question is the flowing.

Can I use Toolset to create a custom post type that can act as a page not a post and for that page use any custom post type page template ?

Can I do this with betheme ?

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.