Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The reset button is not resetting

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The reset button on a Views filters form does not reset the form on a client site.

Solution:
The site had unrelated JS errors on the page that affected the form.

A reset button that reloads the same page can be created manually like so:

<button><a href="[wpv-post-url]">Reset</a></button>
This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sahrf 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: The reset button is working when I click it

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
when you click on reset to clear the all the filter
Instead, I got:Instead I still get the selected fields

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

There is a JS warning on the page that the Google Maps API has been loaded twice, which may cause issues with features that use JS such as the reset button.

The Maps API is added by Toolset (which needs it) and appears to be added by your theme (which doesn't add a map to this page). I couldn't see if the theme has any options to disable enqueuing the maps API, you may want to check their documentation to see how to do that.

In the meantime, you can manually create a reset button which simply reloads the page without any filters, like so:

<button><a href="[wpv-post-url]">Reset</a></button>

Thank you very more

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.