Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The map is not scaled properly.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
DEV.png
PROD.png

I am trying to: Get the map to look like it should in my DEV environment

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (PROD)

I expected to see: The map fill the container like DEV

Instead, I got: A zoomed out map but the markers are where they should appear if the map was properly zoomed. (PROD)

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.00.50 AM.png

Hi, can you confirm that is the correct production URL? I'm seeing the map zoomed at the appropriate level at the URL you provided. I'm attaching a screenshot here. It's a Flywheel URL so I'm assuming this was a typo and there is another URL for production. Please let me know, and please also copy + paste the entire wpv-map-render shortcode from your site here for me to review.

It seems the map address cache table is the issue. It also causes push/pulls between Flywheel and Local to fail. Deleting it solves both issues. Is there a way to regenerate it?

It's not displaying all of the markers.

It seems the map address cache table is the issue. It also causes push/pulls between Flywheel and Local to fail. Deleting it solves both issues. Is there a way to regenerate it?
After you delete the maps address cache, the cache will be rebuilt on-demand when someone visits the site and loads the map. A new call to the maps geocoding API will be triggered for each marker displayed on the map, and that location will be stored in the cache.

It's not displaying all of the markers.
I'll be glad to take a closer look if you want to provide login credentials here. Please let me know one specific marker that should be displayed, but is not. I will take a look at the View configurations and give you some feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.