Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The "Learn how to translate media" Banner does not go away

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screen Shot 1399-03-29 at 09.23.40.png

When you setup the Toolset for the first time, there is a banner in admin dashboard with a button leading to this address:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

when you click on Learn More button, there comes a "close" button on the banner. On normal flow, it will hide forever when you click the close button. But on one of my websites, it goes away and comes back when I refresh the page or go to other dashboard tabs.

Please help hiding this because it is so annoying.

You can see the banner with the screenshot I attached.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This error is usually related to a corrupt value for an usermeta on the database. Please clear the value of the "wpml-media-welcome-message" for your user from the database and check again.
Check this WPML support ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-admin-notice-is-not-going-away/

I hope this helps. Let me know your feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.