Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The layout used with Avada theme doesn't appear correctly

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: make layout's header and footer 100% but it doesn't appear to be responsive at the momoment.

I visited this URL: hidden link

You can check the layout is disturbed.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.50.52 PM.png

Check the validator here:
hidden link

It looks like this content was copy + pasted from a Microsoft document, and several invalid tags were included. I see several u9:p tags and several o:p tags - these are invalid HTML tags and must be removed from your content.

Also I see "The element header must not appear as a descendant of the header element". This error should be fixed - you should not include a header element inside another header element like this.

Please correct these errors first.

If you want a row to extend to 100% width, you must edit the row in your Layout. Click the pencil in the top right corner of a row, then choose the row setting "Row background extends full width" or "Cells extend full width". See the attached screenshot.

ok I have to show the demo to client so i will keep this thread open and once he sees I will fix the unncessary tags used in the content area.

Header has been fixed but footer not which is I guess due to same reason of having unnecessary tags

Okay that's fine. I will be unavailable for the next two days, so if you need a faster answer feel free to open a new ticket so another supporter can help you sooner.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.