Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The header d'ont appear on layout pages

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Create a layout to display woocommerce categories products.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Sorry I don't have, it's on a staging website.

I expected to see:
The header appearing.

Instead, I got:
The layout is displayed with the footer, but the header don't show...
But this seems to occur when results are displayed, for categories where I didn't entered products yet (so there are no results displayed), the header appear.
This occurs on single product page too, but on single product page both header and footer don't show.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access tot he site to check on this for you ?

Also please send me a link to the page where I can clearly see the issue as well as another page for comparison.

Thanks,
Shane

The site is built with on a child-theme of Astra, and with elementor (free) page-builder.

Ok, how can I share this information?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

Here are the private fields.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

Please let me know when the backup is done.

Also I need a link to the page where I can see the issue as well as a link to a page that displays fine for comparison.

Thanks,
Shane

You can go on any product or shop page, you'll see the problem.
Exemple :
In this category some activities are alredy entered, header does not show.
hidden link

Here there are no activities yet, and the header appears.
hidden link

And click on any product, both header and footer are not displayed...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

Since you are using Elementor to create your custom archives, I would NOT recommend the use of layouts to build the custom archive.

What I recommend that you do is to create your custom archive in Elementor and use views to add your content to the page which would include the search.

I'm not sure why this is occurring.

Also if you were to disable the layouts plugin do the pages display normally ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

The problem is that we use the elementor (free) which does not allow to customize these pages...

And when I disable layout plugin, the same problem occur, pages without activities appear with header and footer, and pages with activities displays results without header or footer.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

Given that the same issue occurs when Layouts is disabled then its quite possible an issue more related to elementor.

But just to confirm this, I would like for you to disable all your non-toolset plugins as well as all the Toolset plugins EXCEPT types and check again to see if the issue still remains.

There might be some setting in elementor that needs to be looked at for this to work here.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Indeed, on the website we used a plugin to customize header & footer with elementor, when I disabled the plugin, header and footer were displayed correctly... but we loose all style.

I'll try your suggestion.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

I checked on the site once more to see if there were any changes. I now notice that the header is showing on both pages.
Has the issue been resolved?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, the problem was from a plugin (addon footer & header for elementor) we found a workaround, we copied the style from the plugin and add it directly to the child theme, to overwrite the default header & footer style. So no need for the plugin now.

And we followed your advise, we deactivated Layout module, and use only woocommerce views to manage products and product categories pages.

One last thing, which is not related to header & footer, we added a view to display product categories as a slider, but it don't work, it shows the first 4 categories but dont load others, can you check for us?
We already created another view from scratch to display categories but the same problem occur.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ralph,

Sure I can check on this for you.

Could you let me know the page that this appears on ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.