Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Template showing wrong language post

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I created a CPT of Video Testimonials. First I created a Hebrew post. Then I created an English version of the post. Then I used a shortcode to call up an English post.
The post appears correctly on single video testimonial page hidden link (video with English text). But when I call up the video via a shortcode - the title appears in Hebrew instead of English hidden link (meaning its calling up the Hebrew post - not the English one)
This is the shortcode: [wpv-view name="View of Testimonial Shortcode on Page" ids="2268"]
id of 2268 is an English post not Hebrew.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please share screenshot of your edit view page so that I should be able to review your views settings?

FireShot Pro Screen Capture #059 - 'Edit Page ‹ המרכז הישראלי לאוסטאופתיה — WordPress' - osteo_co_il_wp-admin_post_php_post_type=page&action=edit&post=2271&lang=en.jpg

I'm sending one more

Here is #2 hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Just wanted ti check, did you get my private message?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes thank you.

It's hard for me to understand Hebrew language. Could you also send me problem URLs?

The post appears correctly on single video testimonial page hidden link (video with English text). But when I call up the video via a shortcode on an English page - the title of the video appears in Hebrew instead of English hidden link (meaning its calling up the post title in Hebrew - not in English)

Minesh
Supporter

After reviewing your setup I came to know that you are running with outdated WPML as well as String Translation version.

Could you please update WPML + String translation plugins to its latest official released version and try to resolve your issue.

After update of WPML plugins if your issue still persists, please try to check with minimum setup first, only WPML plugins + Toolset plugins + default theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.