Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Template Dynamic Data not right for Portfolio

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author
aa dynamic show only post.png
aa lux template.png
aa Portfolios Lux.png

Hi there,

In Content Templates we have a template set to work for Portfolios Lux.

In the template it's usage is for Portfolios.

And yet when we try and select something in dynamic data, it only shows a 'post' option and not portfolio so we have no dynamic options to select.

Unlike others we have where this is right, the dynamic data has portfolio and the Post Source...what are we doing wrong?

Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Please make sure that you do not set any conditions yet. First, create a view and make sure that you add the inner options including the Heading and other points.

After that add the condition.

It seems that you set some conditions in the Lux template that causes the options to go away.

Thanks.

aa-image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg

Hi there Christopher,

Thank you for getting back to me.

It's not a View...it's a 'content template'. See 'image-1' attached.

We have two near identical templates....one for Lux Collection. You'll see in the bottom right....Dynamic Sources....it shows 'current post.

The only condition I have set it to use with Collections (taxonomy) Lux Collection.

Why would this set the dynamic data wrong please?

Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I understand you use a content template, In the content template sidebar options, you can set a condition. Would you please tets by removing the condition and see if it works?

If not, I'd appreciate it if you could try to add another content template to make sure there is not a one off issue with that content template.

If the problem persists, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

AA Working template.png
AA additional condition.jpg

Hi again,

Ok, the issue happens the moment i set a condition. We already have a Portfolio Template, this works great and is set to work with Portfolios (see image AA Working template).

Now if i duplicate this, rename it and then set an additional condition, (see image AA additional condition) this breaks the dynamic function so we can't edit any dynamic data.

Am I setting the additional condition correctly?

Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Judging from the image you shared it must be some sort of Javascript error. Would you please kindly check for the plugin and theme conflict?

Theme conflict:

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Switch to the default theme such as "TwentyTwenty" by going to "WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > themes".
- See if the issue is fixed.

Plugin conflict:

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins" and deactivate all plugins except Toolset and its add-ons.
- Check if you can still recreate the issue.
- If not, re-activate your plugins one by one and check the issue each time to find out the plugin that causes the problem.

If you still have the problem, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

Also, please tell us which content template to check for the issue.

Thanks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.