Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy list of Post Types in a custom view

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I would like to have a Taxonomy list of Post Types in a custom view.

1. I already made a Post Type "Casting" with custom fields.
2. Here is the Template of this Post Type: hidden link

I needed the Casting's taxonomy View and I made it: hidden link

My problem:

When I click on the taxonomy link, I see the list of the Post Types with the Post Titles links: hidden link

BUT I would like to have this Post Type's list which contains also other fields - in fact, I would like to see here Casting Post Type view in this way: hidden link

How to make it?

Many thanks for your help!

Jiri

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jiri

If I have understood you correctly, you have added taxonomy links to the template for your Casting post type.

These links take you to the taxonomy archive.

What's that? It's a list, generated by WordPress, of the posts that have the taxonomy term specified by the archive assigned to them, e.g. for a "colour" taxonomy the URL site.com/colour/red/ would list all 'red' posts.

This archive is generated by your theme, and so will look different if you change theme.

With Toolset you can customise this archive at Toolset > WordPress Archives.

Make a custom archive for the taxonomy and you will see it is very much like creating a View, but instead of inserting a View on some page, the archive will automatically be displayed at the appropriate URL.

So in the output section of the custom archive, include whatever fields you need from the posts that will be displayed.

Dear Nigel,
thanks for the explanation. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.