Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy layout remove header, navigation and footer

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina Vidal 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Cristina Vidal.

Author
Taxonomy layout.png
Taxonomy layout removes website header and menu.png

I am trying to: make the layout appear within the content area of the website. How could this be done correctly?

I expected to see: Keeping the header, navigation and footer visible.

Instead, I got: only the Post Field details, see attached screenshot along with the layout.

Hello Christina,

When you create the layout for an archive page you are defining the rows for the whole page. If the layout does not have rows for header and footer, it will show as in your picture.

If you are using a theme design that is integrated with Layouts, you will need to use a hierarchical layout setting where you have a parent layout that rules the header and footer and define your taxonomy archive layout as child layout for the content area.

If you do not integrate Layouts as theme or want to use the underlying WordPress theme, you can create a page for the archive where you set the option to not use any layout and paste an archive View inside the content area. This View has to be created in a separate step. It will contain a loop with the list of posts you have selected or filtered in the content selection of that View.

But as it seems now, you should use a parent-child layout system.

Here is some help regarding the hierarchical layouts:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts

Kind regards,

Cristina

Hello Cristina,
Many thanks for your response - it makes sense!

I decided to inactivate the Twenty Seventeen integration for the time being, as a "quick fix" so that the content is displaying within the page. I'll be testing the Hierarchical Layouts later this week, and might have questions about this then - is it possible to leave this thread open until the end of the week please?

Thank you,
Christina

Hello Christina,

yes of course, the threads close after a long time of inactivity, so you can reply later this week or even next week.

Kind regards,

Cristina

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.