Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy condition display

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Akhil 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi Nigel

You gave me some codes here:https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-search-with-taxonomy-conditional/#post-1143006

i have set of operating hours fields, but i wan it to display only for certain taxonomies . will be using this in content template

Can i use the above shortcode still ? i tried this its valid but no output.

[wpv-conditional if="('[taxonomy ='taxonomy' ]' eq 'Eat & Drink' )" debug="true"]
eat drink
[/wpv-conditional]

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dee

The shortcode I gave you was to be used on taxonomy archives.

The context is important, and it is important not to confuse taxonomies and the terms of a given taxonomy.

So, you are using this on a content template, so the context here will be displaying a post.

Posts may have certain taxonomies available to them, and from the available taxonomies they may or may not have individual terms assigned to them.

So what exactly do you want to test?

If, for the current post being displayed, a particular term of a specified taxonomy is assigned to that post?

(That's sort of a trick question, as it is really the only thing you can test in this context, but I wanted you to confirm that.)

Hi Nigel,

i am using it here: hidden link

eat-and-drink is the slug of taxonomy i assume. .

i need to display field using taxonomy conditional. . on the page click the clock icon, i need to set it to display only if taxonomy = eat-and-drink OR business.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, so the context is the taxonomy archive, meaning you can use the custom taxonomy shortcode.

You would use it something like this, in that case:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[taxonomy output='slug']' eq 'eat-drink' ) OR ( '[taxonomy output='slug']' eq 'business' )"]
<p>Output what you want</p>
[/wpv-conditional]

I'm using slugs here because there is less chance of a mistake with the text name such as "Eat and drink" instead of "Eat and Drink". You can see the slugs on the page where you enter and edit terms for the taxonomy (as a sub-menu item for the custom post type they are assigned to).

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Nigel !

Hi Nigel,
the 'slug' is not good for the main archive page . is there anything else i can do ?

you can see here the clock icon is missing here hidden link but here its fine hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

The problem there is that you are not on a term archive page, you are on an archive for the entire taxonomy, so the custom shortcode cannot know which taxonomy term we are 'on' because there is none.

So there you are looking at what terms are assigned to the posts themselves.

That case is covered by this example: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/displaying-taxonomies-conditionally/#specific

Thanks, i have came up with this. both working ,

[wpv-conditional if="( has_term('eat-drink', 'directory-category', null) eq '1' )" ]
eat1 [/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="('[wpv-post-taxonomy type='directory-category' format='slug' ]' eq 'eat-drink' )" debug="0true"]
eat 2 
[/wpv-conditional]

could you guide me for targeting more then 1 tax slug pls. thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

I showed an example of that above: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/taxonomy-condition-display/#post-1151845

You can do the same but with the wpv-post-taxonomy shortcode, using the OR condition.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.