Skip Navigation

[Assigned] Taxonomy archive

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Franck 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author
Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 à 19.14.31.png

Hi,

I have a CPT : formation
I have taxonomy : categories-de-formations with some catagories (data-visualisation, tracking, etc...)

I have an archive toolset as you can see in picture.

What is the url to see all formations in taxonomy data-visualisation ?

I see this url works : hidden link

But that not really sexy

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The normal format for viewing a taxonomy archive (i.e. the posts that have a specific term of some taxonomy assigned) would be:

hidden link

Is that what you mean?

Thanks for your answer, my problem is i can not see the value of taxonomie field on this page as you can see here : hidden link

Thanks a lot

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Franck,

I checked it and it looks like there might be limitations when building custom archives using blocks(Gutenburg) when it comes to adding custom taxonomy meta fields.

The solution here is to build out your custom archive with the classic editor or manually get the custom field meta using the shortcode method.

If you want to keep using the Gutenburg editor to build out the archive then the shortcode method will work well. Here is an example of the shortcode that you should use.

[types termmeta="cust-slug"][/types]

Can you add that custom taxonomy slug to the shortcode and try to use it instead to see if it gets the data loaded in the front end?

Thank you, please let us know.
Mateus

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

Your suggestion works, but it's not very easy to create a website this way. Seven years ago, using Toolset Types and Layouts was simpler. What seems to be the issue now?

While leaving Toolset Block as it is might be an option, using shortcodes with HTML proves challenging. How can I implement H2, H3, or UL/LI elements using shortcodes?