Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Tabs on a edit CPT page

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have previously built a page/layout that has tabs for editing a CPT. I have the CRED form on the 1st tab then other related views on the other tabs. I used Layouts to achieve this but see now that it is a legacy plugin.

I am using DIVI theme which has TABS. I am guessing i can make a DIVI page with the edit form embedded in a tab. How do i pass the CPT to the page to fill the CRED form? or is there another solution like the layouts plugin?

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am using DIVI theme which has TABS. I am guessing i can make a DIVI page with the edit form embedded in a tab. How do i pass the CPT to the page to fill the CRED form?

If that template is being used to display the page then the edit form will automatically pick up the page information in the edit tab so there won't be any need to pass the post information to the form.

Thanks,
Shane

I have a content template which displays the edit form linked to a CPT . Currently, you click on the edit post link and it shows the content template. How do i add the content template to a page so that when you click on the edit link it shows a page with the content template embedded.

Thanks
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

I suspect what divi does is to replace to the wordpress content call with the template built in divi. If this is the case when you call the edit content template it will replace that divi content with the form because our template is replacing the wordpress content as well.

Unfortunately it won't be possible to replace a single tab on divi with the content template that contains the form when you click the edit link.

The only alternative that I can think of is to add the form to the page itself in a separate tab and place a conditional on that tab if possible so that it only appears for specific users.

Thanks,
Shane

The layouts plugin is marked as legacy. I can achieve the tabs feature with this plugin.
Is this plugin deprecated? Should i not use the layouts plugin?

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

I would not recommend using the layouts plugin as it is now in legacy. This means it may not receive updates such as compatibility updates and if it does then it won't be as frequent as with our Blocks plugin and other plugins that aren't in legacy.

Secondly I know that Layouts isn't compatible with the gutenburg editor so if you use it your site will need to be using the classic editor for wordpress.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.