Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Support for Bootstrap v4

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Does Toolset work fine with Bootstrap v4?

Solution:
Not officially, but we are working on implementing this.
If you have a theme that delivers Bootstrap 4, you can use it with Toolset.

Eventually, some new features won't work without further manual adjustment and we recommend to not use cells like Image cells, Accordions or Grids until we have a fully integrated version.

Whether or not Toolset is integrated with the bootstrap version you can see in Toolset > Settings > General > Bootstrap loading

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nagarajG 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Do you expect to support bootstrap v4? If so, when?

Is the release still not stable?

Bootstrap 4 is stable by now:
hidden link

Toolset is not integrated with it.
There are few themes yet they ship Bootstrap 4, and in those cases, I personally suggest to let Toolset Load the Bootstrap and disable the Theme's bootstrap so to grant a fully working Toolset.

But, I can also tell that Bootstrap 4 works with Toolset, if your theme delivers it, and you simply let the Theme load the Bootstrap.
Of course, Toolset Layouts especially will miss some new features, as those Cells are coded in Bootstrap 2 and 3.
But, the issues are not many, mainly it's about things that have been implemented to Bootstrap 4 which you will need to add manually to your Site using HTML, so as example accordions and tabs might present some issues, so it's better to not use the cells here, but manual HTML in a Visual Composer Cell.

Major things also have been dropped that you might have had in your code manually, like panels, etc:
hidden link

This is not even related to Toolset - it would need manual adjustments in case you have had such code in place.

I would also not use the GRID cell right now, as it's possible it'll create conflicts with the new scripts.

I made some tests a while ago and can say that the major part of Toolset works just fine with the new Bootstrap 4 if you let the theme load it.
But, there will be times where you need to add manually HTML or eventually cannot use all cells of Layouts.

As for our plans, I do honestly not know when we plan to add integration with this.
I will query about it and let you know.

I got word, that we will implement compatibility with Bootstrap 4 but first we need to complete several other tasks such as Many To Many releases, and more.

After, we will work on this for a public release.

We can close this ticket here, as the feature is accepted and will be implemented at some point.

Thank you for you prompt reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.