Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Submit button gets hidden by conditional when it it not part of it.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

This is my form steup :

[creduserform]
	[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']	
	<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_job-search-status" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='job-search-status-label']What is your job search status?[/cred_i18n]<span class="red-color">*</span></label>
		[cred_field field='job-search-status' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
[cred_show_group if="( $(job-search-status) eq '1' ) OR ( $(job-search-status) eq '2' )" mode="none"]
	lot of stuff.
[/cred_show_group]

[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Submit' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg next-submit-button']
[/creduserform]

But the button also gets hidden when I choose the option with value 3.

Here is the video - hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

It sounds like there is possibly a broken shortcode or markup buried within the cred_show_group shortcode that is breaking that wrapper shortcode.

You have omitted the content in the above sample.

I suggest you temporarily remove all of that content and replace it with something simple, like your "lot of stuff" text, and re-test the form.

If it works correctly then you'll need to carefully look over that content you removed to check for broken tags or shortcodes.

Does that sound like the problem?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please check what Nigel instructed and see if you able to find anything obvious?

Nigel and Minesh,

You are right. The form works just fine if I remove the code inside it and replace it with simple text. The thing is I could not find an error in the code. It is not custom .. just custom toolset fields -

<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_target-employment-types" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='target-employment-types-label']Target Employment Types[/cred_i18n]</label>
		[cred_field field='target-employment-types' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
	<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_target-company-size" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='target-company-size-label']Target Company Size[/cred_i18n]</label>
		[cred_field field='target-company-size' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
	<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_target-country-of-employment" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='target-country-of-employment-label']Target Country of Employment[/cred_i18n]</label>
		[cred_field field='target-country-of-employment' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
	<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_target-job-location" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='target-job-location-label']Target Job Location[/cred_i18n]</label>
		[cred_field field='target-job-location' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' isRepetitive='true']

Minesh
Supporter

That is strange. Can you please share problem URL where you added the form and admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

It was not Toolset fault as all but you did not close the closing div.

<div class="form-group">
		<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_target-job-location" style="font-weight:bold;">[cred_i18n name='target-job-location-label']Target Job Location[/cred_i18n]</label>
		[cred_field field='target-job-location' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' isRepetitive='true']
</div>

[/cred_show_group]

I've added the closing div just before the [/cred_show_group] and I can see that it works as expected. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.