Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Strong passwords issue

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I'd like to force users use only strong passwords in any user-related form (registering, editing profile, restoring password). Currently, amazingly, user can put any password they want, even very weak. I use one security plugin, where I can set that users may only use strong passwords, but apparently it's not compatible with Toolset, so using Toolset forms for updating/resetting passwords seems currently not a good idea (as well as and sending passwords to the users).
I found related topic: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/force-strong-password-in-user-forms/, so will the upcoming udpates address this issue?

Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I can relate to your concern, I see where Beda mentioned that this was filed but no reference made to a ticket where this has been filed to.

What I recommend that you do is to open a feature request ticket with this so that the ticket can get assigned to the appropriate supporter responsible.

I know that implementing new features are not on our priority list at the moment as we are currently working on improving other aspects of our plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.