Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Strange behaviour of view showing no items in german while other languages work.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mr. DJ 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
2019-03-14 11_04_16-.png

I am trying to:
Display all subcategories on archive page category: homogenizers.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
All subcategories (3) like on the pages below
hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got:
View returns no items found, only in the german language. Dutch and english pages works perfect.
Already checked the product/categories in the different languages but i couldn't find any differences between the german and the other languages.

When i turn on toolset view debug mode:
'Items found' is 0 while as you can see in the screenshot 'Query results' has the correct terms, but for some reason it doenst count the terms as 'Items found'.

Also when i turn on wordpress debug mode i get the following notices (i dont know if this has anything to do with this).
[14-Mar-2019 08:36:12 UTC] PHP Notice: is_404 was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/app/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4196
[14-Mar-2019 08:36:12 UTC] PHP Notice: is_single was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/app/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4196

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.19.12 PM.png

Hi, your WordPress installation, Toolset plugins, and WPML plugins are mostly out of date. I would begin by creating a backup of the current site, then updating everything to the latest versions before testing again.

I don't think the PHP notices are directly related to this issue. You can try a few troubleshooting steps:
- See the notice at the top of wp-admin and the screenshot attached here: "Taxonomy sync problem" You should resolve this issue here: hidden link
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset and WPML.
- Activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and test again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem is not resolved, I will be glad to take a closer look.

Hello Cristian,

I have tried your suggestions in a development area, but the problem still persists.
I can send you the credentials for the development area if you can mark my next reply as private.

Okay please send the login credentials for the dev environment in a private reply here.

Already found the solution it was because the category slug in german and dutch were the same. Added the suffix -de on the german taxonomy and it works!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.