Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Starting over with toolset in a development environment

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertN-9 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Being completely new to Toolset, I installed and register my new basic account in my development environment. I just stumbled upon a KB article that discussed how to properly use a Basic account in a development environment. I have two versions of the 606building.com website in my development environment now. One is using Divi 4 and the other is using Divi 3. I registered the key to the localhost Divi 4 platform before I knew there was a way to work with Toolset without registering the key to a dev platform. At this point I don't know which Divi version will do what I want to do using Toolset.

I have a support ticket open regarding line spacing in a template, so I will wait until that is resolved to make any changes. Once that is resolved, I believe that I need to do the following:

Deactivate the Toolset plugin on the localhost version of the website.

Uninstall the Toolset plugin.

Remove the key in my Toolset account

Manually install Toolset on both the Divi 4 and the Divi 3 website versions on my dev platform

Register Toolset with a new key once the better of the two websites has been determined and the files have been uploaded to the live website.

My understanding is that I would install the Toolset plugins, but I would not register again or generate a site key at this time. Please let me know if this is the correct procedure to follow as I try to determine how best to employ Toolset for my client.

Is there any documentation that you are following? How to install and register Toolset

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link, which won't be accessible to you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all, if you are using Divi 4 than this version of Divi is not fully compatible with Toolset and we have a few known issues. Please check the following post:
=> https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/

We recommend for now to stick with Divi 3.x.x until we announce that Divi 4.x is fully compatible with the Toolset.

With the "Toolset Presentation" subscription you are allowed to register only one site at a time. You should register your site if you want automatic updates or want to update plugins using the inbuilt installer. You do not need to register your local or staging site where you do not seek updates.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.