Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Star rating from select or make numbers selectable

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm building a review site and added a custom field with "Select" format. Then I want to show it on front end with Star Rating. It doesn't work because it doesn't show up in the Field (screenshot attached). Now, if I change the custome field to "Number" format it shows up (again, please refer screenshot). I want to either make the select field work with star rating OR make numbers selectable. Currently the frontend form is just text input which is not user-friendly to pick 1-5 stars.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-chapter/using-post-relationships-on-directory-sites/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The form is here: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I was not able to see the form as it requires login details.

As I understand - you want to display the stars instead of drop-down box to select the rating. If this is true - there is no such feature available to display starts as rating with the Toolset form but you can workaround it by adding some custom code. Please check the following example:
hidden link

And here is the related ticket:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/star-rating-in-front-end-cred-form/#post-554928

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 12.56.09.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 12.55.48.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 12.50.12.png

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you need to log in to review so instead I added a screenshot. Please take a look.

What I want to have is showing star rating form instead of text form, but you cannot customize the form on the admin (screenshot attached).

Can you show me how I can edit specific number field of the form into star field?
The link you shared is just showing a field, not a form.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As shared before:
- there is no such feature available to display starts as rating with the Toolset form but you can workaround it by adding some custom code.

Please check the following example:
hidden link

To customize it you will require Javascript and jQuery knowledge. You can edit the form by activating the "Expert Mode" and then you can do your customizations.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.